Sign in to follow this  
sil13de

custom exhaust systems in nsw

hey guys anyone know or been to any good places for a turbo back custom exhaust system places within sydney nsw

planning one for my 180sx type x.but want it done tip top dont want no shitty job.

cheers

Just got mine done today. Northmead performance exhaust, full 3" turbo back system with high flow. Awesome job, sounds great.

Just got mine done today. Northmead performance exhaust, full 3" turbo back system with high flow. Awesome job, sounds great.

Can I ask how much you paid? Did they supply the Muffler too?

Trying to get an idea on how much I should be paying for a exhaust, dont want to get ripped off.

Edited by s13q's

I would offer my services but as others have said I'm overseas

You want it tucked up super high and braced really well so it doesn't move around and hit the floor of the car because its tucked up so high

You can get a 3 inch pipe to be level with the chassis rail when done right

thats pretty decent...i need my exhaust sitting up that high

are you able to weld on new mounts so that my exhaust will tuck up like that or do you need to make a whole custom catback??

how would just new mounts help tuck it up? would put a heap of tension in the exhaust and mounting studs for the turbo

i drive a n/a buddy....

i was told by carline that new custom mounts will help the exhaust sit a fair bit higher than it does now

Edited by n1smo4

To get the exhaust sitting that high ill need to cut and re-weld some parts of your exhaust And modify the mounting hooks

Just making new mounting hooks won't do shit

ah k fair enough.

sucks that the exhaust is the lowest point on the car :(

got net mounts made for the exhaust on the weekend. sits 30mm higher than it used to without having to be chopped and welded. new mounts were also made for my headers which reduced stress on the system ;)

got net mounts made for the exhaust on the weekend. sits 30mm higher than it used to without having to be chopped and welded. new mounts were also made for my headers which reduced stress on the system wink.png

nice :D

just buy all off the shelf man.. seriously save the coin for other shit

hel yeah! eBay all the way!

and spend the left overs on the slarts

and spend the left overs on the slarts

got any hookups in the slart department?? ;)

got any hookups in the slart department?? ;)

LOL not anymore man, I have a gf now... she scared all the slarts off

...that makes two of us...commitment....what a pain in the ass

thus the life of a committed man :(

until she starts having a problem with your mates...thats when shit starts getting annoying :P

got net mounts made for the exhaust on the weekend. sits 30mm higher than it used to without having to be chopped and welded. new mounts were also made for my headers which reduced stress on the system wink.png

so just the back/middle was hanging? where was it raised 30mm?

got net mounts made for the exhaust on the weekend. sits 30mm higher than it used to without having to be chopped and welded. new mounts were also made for my headers which reduced stress on the system ;)

so just the back/middle was hanging? where was it raised 30mm?

the rubber mounts were replaced with shorter ones and the hangers were also replaced with ones that mounted higher lifting the system. the hoddog was the lowest part of the exhaust which was around the mid section of the system. This was raised 30mm give or take a couple of mm. but overall happy with the result. lowered the car the amount the exhaust was raised and it sits nicely now.

the hangers on the tail of the exhaust were also replaced with shorter ones to give a little bit more lift in it

Old thread but I didn't wanna make a new one like a noob.

Any ideas on a turbo back system, i think mine needs to go.

Really like the idea of a "Powered by Max" oval turbo back but there is no cat & done wanna cop another fine from the epa.

"Empire Performance" stainless catback is $250 on ebay but still need the rest of it.

Not really a fan of xforce.

For a 180sx.

Edited by B.O.X

Old thread but I didn't wanna make a new one like a noob.

Any ideas on a turbo back system, i think mine needs to go.

Really like the idea of a "Powered by Max" oval turbo back but there is no cat & done wanna cop another fine from the epa.

"Empire Performance" stainless catback is $250 on ebay but still need the rest of it.

Not really a fan of xforce.

For a 180sx.

I'm running an eBay exhaust now.

They are OK in terms of build quality from my experience. Ive heard of hangers breaking, welds blowing but none in my own car.

For a off the shelf exhaust they sit pretty good, lower than the chassis rails but still fairly good. Only scrape marks I have are on my dump pipe and exhaust flanges and my car is pretty low and my driveway is a killer.

They sound great too :thumbsup: