Sign in to follow this  
B.O.X

Good Wheel Alignment Shops

Just wondering where people are getting their wheelies done? Alot of the time its not about the machine they use but the operator.

Don't want some little apprentice "having a go" on my car.

can these guys do front & rear? toe, camber & caster?

Jax Livo... Ask for Kieran...

+1

Heasmans......

waste of money..

Just go to BT Motorsports / Bridgestone Select.. these guys setup whatever you want, not to mention they compete in Targa Tas.

I won't disclose prices, but call up and ask for an alignment and say you'll pay in cash, they will do a better deal.

They will adjust castor, camber, toe for the same price of a normal toe adjustment that many other places offer.

Jax Livo... Ask for Kieran...

+1

Always use these guys very good

Recommended, although I suggest using the Hume highway drive way as the rta side is a nightmare hahaha

They took my car for a spin around the block and took the RTA side diveway... The sound as my bodykit smashed against the road brought a tear to my eye.

Heasmans......

waste of money..

Why's that ?

Road and Race, Rydalmere....

Cause the dudes no nonsense and its close to me....

i went to get my alignment done before .. guy was talking shit saying my car is bent and shit .. *milkshake* was clueless of what he was saying, saying he used to build his cars and cant even name the basics .. now i have to suffer .. car doesnt drive straight !

also keen to find some good shops that know their shit especially with s13s

Heasmans......

waste of money..

Why's that ?

adjusting toe, camber, caster isn't rocket science.. not to mention it's piss easy

Heasmans......
waste of money.. .
Why's that ?
adjusting toe, camber, caster isn't rocket science.. not to mention it's piss easy

That's what I thought when I went to Bob Jane's....I was wrong.

Heasmans......
waste of money.. .
Why's that ?

That's what I thought when I went to Bob Jane's....I was wrong.

You tell them what you want to dial in, you show them how to do it.. essentially you're just paying $50 to use their rack lol...

east coast suspension have always done good work on my car.

Need to get a noise in the rear of my car looked at (think it's my diff). What's a good place? Don't really car if it out's westy side.....

So i'm finally gonna slap these arms in my car.

what measurements are people running on their cars? i know it is custom to what i use it for but wanna get an idea.

car is used for the occasional drift but is also street driven. don't wanna go thru tyres with mad camber wear either.

180?

well I ran these figures before (pretty conservative).. worked for me, mainly street driven with the occasional naughty squirt through old pac & RNP

Front:

Toe out 2mm

-2.5 degree camber

8 degree castor

Rear

0mm / Neutral toe

-1.5 degree camber

yer for a 180

did the front wear the inners much from the camber?

reason for 0 toe on rear? was thinking 1mm toe in

what about rear traction?

Wasn't that bad, there was a some but nothing stupid like the hellaflush moron crew.. however the toe out exacerbated the inner wear a little faster.

The reason for 0 mm toe was because the car didn't make much power so it wasn't going all over the shop, with the R33 I run 2mm toe in at the rear and 0mm toe at the front. Might run toe out at the front before the next Wakefield session.

ill get it done once this arms are in & if i don't like how it feels ill change it.

any ideas about these traction measurements? (I'm guessing its like castor but for the rear?)

unfortunately I've never messed with traction rods (then again my cars are never low enough to upset the geometry of the rear).. I believe as long as your car isn't slammed to the ground and the rear lower control arms still point downwards not upwards you should not need to worry too much about the rear traction arms.

From what I've read, they assist the camber changes during suspension compression.. some what like a triangle, the traction rod is a side of the triangle.. the shorter it is the less it will affect dynamic camber

anyone on the coast or am i f**ked

Yeh bro alot of drift boys go to the one on the corner in nerang over the road from the BP, i think its continental. Ask for Brett i think his name is.

He will do the lot, cheap/right.

Heasmans......

waste of money..

Just go to BT Motorsports / Bridgestone Select.. these guys setup whatever you want, not to mention they compete in Targa Tas.

I won't disclose prices, but call up and ask for an alignment and say you'll pay in cash, they will do a better deal.

They will adjust castor, camber, toe for the same price of a normal toe adjustment that many other places offer.

Thanks man.

Don't let any random tyre shop touch your car. Treat them like they're mechanics! Trust me, $300 later and my car sort of drives straight. $200 worth from that ruined the alignment!

I've done better alignments at home blind compared to "wheel and tyre" places. Includes all big brands. They only care about quick toe settings and getting customers in and out ASAP for more cash. Only good place I know is Bob Jane Artarmon, Jason (has an R31 with BNR32 running gear, ask for him) used to work there (unsure if he's still there) and he fixed up most of my settings (didn't get to do castor due to time constraints). Too far for me to travel every time I need an alignment.

I was going to use Garage 88 in Eastern Creek but never got around to it.

I used to lurk the classified section and read up on Kemp's adventures. I just realised your post was from 2012 doh!

So Bridgestone Liverpool?

just went to road and race rydalmere. not cheap but he knows a lot and has mad cars parked in the garage. will be going back when I install more arms etc.