Sign in to follow this  
KrazyS14

Mullen Automotive Engineering - Whereabouts?

Anyone know where Athol has gone to? He hasn't shut up shop has he? I don't think he's on the RTA's list of approved engineering signatories anymore either.

I keep ringing his landline number and I get a generic answering service message, I ring his mobile and it's switched off.

I want to find out what the deal is with the new RTA scheme coming in. Better not have to go through all the tests again! :cursing:

http://www.rta.nsw.g...sccs/index.html

I'm in the same boat, Going to swing by his place on friday arvo to see what the go is.

Something going on at the momment with all engineers, something to do with all the changes that the RTA are making so all engineers have to re-apply to be on the list and no answers will be given until mid January.. So in other words Athol can't engineer cars again until he is accepted.

Yeah I understood that much. Just wanted to speak to him to find out what the deal was with this section, and if I had to renew my certificate:

Will vehicles modified in the past be affected by the new requirements?

Rules will apply from the date the scheme starts. However there will be a six month period from the start of the Regulation where holders of old certificates not previously presented can present them to the RTA so that previously approved modifications will be recognised under VSCCS as approved modifications.

After that time, vehicles with modifications for which a certificate has not been presented will need to obtain a new certificate issued under the VSCCS.

After having another read of it, seems it just means people that are in the process of getting their cars engineered through current engineering signatories can still have their car's done up until 6 months of the legislation coming in. NOT that people with current certificates have to be re-certified.

If that's the case, all good :thumb:

Edited by KrazyS14

RTA has been threatening these changes for ages, im mid build of a rodeo and supposedly the changes are coming in dec 19, but i bet it doesnt!

should just add him on facebook hes never offline, and yeah hes been talking about how all engineers are out of a job with new rta shit

I spoke to him about 5weeks ago about a full cage on street car and he told me that the regs are already changed and he said as of this year you cannot put full cage in a street car unless it was signed off before dec. Spewing...

I spoke to him about 5weeks ago about a full cage on street car and he told me that the regs are already changed and they can go off both regulations untill december this year then thats it..he said you cannot put full cage in a street car unless it was signed off before dec. Spewing...

Yeah I got that bit. Finally found my answer though!...

My vehicle already has an engineering certificate. What do I need to do?

If you have already presented your engineering certificate to a motor registry then you don’t need to do anything else. Your certificate will continue to be recognised by RMS.