Sign in to follow this  
jahn15

Anyone keen to work on my R32

Hey everyone was wondering if anyone is keen on helping me with my R32 Gts-t.

The lowdown is i bought it with a highmount and tial gate but no turbo so took that off and bought a R34 series one turbo and my cousin bolted that on to stock manifold.

Its running but rough might be because of the different wastegate setup? We didnt weld any nipple in so im not sure? Maybe left some vacum lines off or something.

Just need a bit of help happy to pay cash or grog etc

The car is stored in singleton but im in Mayfield

If anyone is intersted in some work my number is 0432163488 cheers jahn!

Does it run rough on idle, or when on boost? The car was probably previously tuned with a big high mount turbo, and now that you've put on a smaller turbo on a standard manifold, the engines tune wont be suited to the smaller turbo now causing it to run rough. Thats the main thing I can think of.

And another note is since the car previously had external gate, and now that you've got internally gated turbo, ur o2 sensor will sense the internal gate exhaust as well as the normal exhaust gases instead of just sensing the normal gases that it had on the previous setup. This will fk up the tune as well.

Did your car come with an aftermarket computer, because my guesses are you'll probably need to retune it with ur r34 turbo. I cant imagine u messed up the vacuum lines, coz its pretty simple.

Correct me if im wrong anyone, lol.

Jas

Yeah has a microtech lt-12s with hand controller.

It runs rough on idle so ill see about getting it tuned would need it the last owner was running the highmount with tial 38mm gate and gt3540

Yeah re tune or put a stock computer in it.

put stock computer in and she runs like a pearler! Thanks guys now all it needs is:

Mani studs done

Exhaust bolted on

Wheel alignment

Gtr front bar put on

REGO!

then i can come on some cruises and enjoy it!

Thanks again guys ps no anyone that does exhaust studs? I dont wanna fvck around with it!

i couldn't get them from supercrap when i tried lenny, maybe it was the useless sales guy there

yups, it probably was. i hardly use the sales people there, i just hunt around the nuts and bolts frames

Yeah exhaust studs always the 5th and 6th cylinders furthest away from water pump! But ill replace them all cheers guys

yeh supercheap told my my skyline was a european, so it was going to cost like $100 per spark plug.. =\

i dont go there anymore..