Sign in to follow this  
KayToi

guard rolling flaring..

Hey guys, purchased some rims last week and im in need of somebody to roll and flare my rear guards. Anybody know of some local places close to Thornton that might do it? ( car not rego'd so kind of need to drive it there on the sly, closer to thornton the better :P )

i have a guard roller if u want to be the test dummy. haven't experimented with it yet......

i have a guard roller if u want to be the test dummy. haven't experimented with it yet......

if your keen?

I may need to take a number and get in line for a go also.........do you have some hiring prices for the roller? lols ( no seriously i will want to hire it in the future please ) Or if you find somewhere that will do it for you post it here so i can go there too.

hang on guys just gotta get an abn. haha

how urgent is it kaytoi cause when i have my car back together i will been keen as to try it out. should only be 2 weeks max. then it looks like we're gonna have to have a guard rolling bbq day for every one else!

hang on guys just gotta get an abn. haha

how urgent is it kaytoi cause when i have my car back together i will been keen as to try it out. should only be 2 weeks max. then it looks like we're gonna have to have a guard rolling bbq day for every one else!

i was hoping fairly soon, where are u located?

you said cheap so....... i really gotta do this to keep up the rep

i gib u fibe dorrar

big thanks to dan for the rollin/flaring. Worked fantastic! ill throw up some pics within the next few days of what it looks like. No cracking of the paint either, worked wonderful. Props to dan top bloke and even tho its his first time he knows what he is doing ^_^

Recommended to all B)

Times up...........

show pics or we roll your cambers.

Times up...........

show pics or we roll your cambers.

haha

yeah pics please, u could make a business out of this!

ill post it tomorrow.. my net is being a piece of shit or its the forums not allowing me to upload pics! grrr

wow nice indeed, i might be keen when i get some bigger wheels in the next 5 years or so.

^_^

looks wicked, Dan did a sweet job of it. Both sides are identical and 0 paint crack :) Get some fat big rims boys and flare your heart out :P

I borrowed a guard roller and did it for the first time on my guards. Went well, a bit of paint cracking but that's because the paint I tihnk was done poorly in the first place, and I did it at night time in winter :P

DSC_0107.jpg

That one there is a progress pic, I went further round than that pic shows.

I borrowed a guard roller and did it for the first time on my guards. Went well, a bit of paint cracking but that's because the paint I tihnk was done poorly in the first place, and I did it at night time in winter :P

That one there is a progress pic, I went further round than that pic shows.

Did you use a heat gun jim?

Heat guns are useless due to the paint being "baked" onto the guard, I cant see how you can stop the paint from cracking with a gun....