Sign in to follow this  
sixteenshots

Legality of driving without front bar

Hey my car has recently been involved in a bit of a crash, front bar was ripped off.

I was wondering what the legality of driving without a front bar? If all lights etc are still functioning and number plate is attached and visible, can i be defected and or fined?

Anyone had any experiences or know the answer? I still need to drive my car, but don't want the hassle of police.

Cheers macca.

Yes you will still be defected if a cop see's you, think its due to having pointy bits unprotected by your bar.

If it was me I would still drive around and wait to get defected for it instead of not driving it, but in the mean time you can pick stock front bars up for silvs/180's cheap as, sometimes giveaways..

As for experiances I have been defected for alot of shit including no front bar.

front bar protects pedestrians in the case of an accident... no front bar = pedestrians getting powned... That's why FMIC have to be BEHIND the front bar and can't protrude in front of it... first point of contact in the event of an accident has to be bumper

front bar protects pedestrians in the case of an accident... no front bar = pedestrians getting powned... That's why FMIC have to be BEHIND the front bar and can't protrude in front of it... first point of contact in the event of an accident has to be bumper

Yea, damn pedestrians ruining all our fun with there soft bodies <_>

i did it, but i had a police report number because my front bar was stolen and i called them up to let them know, also the number plate was taken as well.

meh

i drove aroun for a month with no fb

driving on highway 15okm a day, as well as driving through campbeltown/ liverpool at night didnt have a drama

^^^

That's coz you're awesome Locky :lol:

If I tried that... They'd make me bite the kerb

Just get boobs, then you can get away with it

My car get's +500 to sexiness when this lady friend of mine drives it... Hot damn... I really ought to get her 2 drive it more...

I've done it a few times, to and from the body shop, cable tied the number plate to the reo-bar, had no dramas

I might of been just lucky aswell but i was well prepared with an alobie

pretty sure its cos the front bar is designed to push a pedestrian over the car instead of under it if u hit some1

Ah k, well there was a police report filed for the accident. I think i might just take my chances.

Did any of the guy's that were defected get fined for it? if so how much they run you?

N yeah i got my number plate cable tied to the reo aswell hahaha

drove 80km round trip to work each day for 2-3 months with no front bar and smashed in headlight.

then again it was my VL which kind of flies under the radar.

if front bars are designed to push the pedestrian over the car just tell the officer that in the event of hitting someone theyd have more of a chance as they can grab hold of the intercooler,hence not go over or under the car :)

no seriously dont....

mate of mine got done for not having a front bar on,$75 fine and a minor defect notice,mind you this was some years ago so im not sure these days. i guess it'd depend on how anal the cop wanted to be

i had the same problem, drove around for a week without the front bar and got done by the piggies. They let me off with the front bar though and just charged me for expired license.

As said above its because if you don't have a bumper your reinforcement bar will just kneecap any pedestrians you hit instead of bumping them off

I spotted a van today with no bonnet on :o

Looked like a newish van too..

Anyways i drove around once with no front bar, but it was only for a day. But i have heard you can get defected so be aware!!

I saw a R33 with a huge FMIC drive through peak traffic in my area for literally 3 months.

Stood out like crap, but i guess he never got done?