Sign in to follow this  
hayai32

Meal Ideas Thread

Hi All,

I am busy atm planning my meals for the next few days and I find myself not very excieted about eating the same combination of meals.... again... how many different combinations of meat three veg are there?

I think there would be some value in creating a thread listing and summarising appropriate meals/recipies so that when in my situation you can easily pick meals off the list. This would be good as it would allow people to share meal ideas from diff cultures etc... It would probably be a good idea to keep a common format as well... maybe...

Meal Name:

Ingredients:

Instructions:

Picture:

Comments:

The mods or myself could periodically copy paste appropriate meals into the first post for quick reference. This would make the thread more useful as reading discussion could be avoided.

I'll kick it off:

Meal Name: Basic Enchiladas (any meat ok)

Ingredients: 1 Capsicum, 1 white onion, handfull of mushrooms, jalapenos, meat of desired quantity, old el paso enchilada simmer sauce or similar, cheese, wholemeal wraps

Instructions: Cook the meat through first then add the chopped vegges and sauce, then heat and serve on wraps with a bit of cheese

Picture: Attached

Comments: Easy as to make and can do quantities to last for ages.... tastes great on re heat too...

Image021.jpg

That is also NOT a food that somebody trying to get lean on should eat.

Any meal that comes out of Womans Day has no place on your menu.

Look you guys simply need to take the emotion out of eating.

PROTEIN...pick one

steak

chicken

fish

eggs

pork

lamb

bacon

cottage cheese

CARBOHYDRATES...COMPLEX...pick as many as you like

onion

tomato

lettuce

cucumber

broccoli

brussel sprouts

cauliflower

bok choy

spinach

radish

peas

pumpkin

CARBOHYDRATES...SIMPLE...eat limited ammounts at the correct times dependant on your goals

potato

corn

apple

banana

grape

watermelon

stone fruit

pineapple

pear

berries

figs

mango

ESSENTIAL FATS

peanuts

cashews

almonds

walnuts

pistachio

olives

avacado

olive oil

OTHER....dependant on your goals

milk

anchovies

cheese

whey protein powder

BCAA's

glutamine

multi vitamin

fish oil

Combine foods from these categories, dependant on goals. There are THOUSANDS of combinations.

Heres one

tuna

onion

olives

peanuts

feta cheese

That wasnt too hard

Here's another

Steak

pumpkin

cauliflower

corn

Lucky last

eggs

bacon

anchovies

tomato

onion

olives

Forget New Idea, last time I looked, NONE of the recipes in there were written by anybody that can squat double bodyweight

I really hope this helps, I'm not just trying to be a smartass, I'm trying to show how simple it really is

Okay, one more, the Howie Special

6 scoops of whey

300 fish oil tabs

1kg of glutamine

7 protein bars

2 litres of soy milk

A months worth of BCAA's

1 multi vitamin

Do not try this unless you are as big as Howie

eat this 5 times a day

Don't forget sweet potato! mmm sweet potato mash with finely chopped olives and garlic mixed in :drool:

i was told by some PT that complex carbs such as veggies were bad to eat as particular enzymes made it hard to digest by the body

he then went to tell me that in order to lose weight/get lean, that i should consume copius amounts of wholemeal bread, as its a great source of complex carbs

.......i told him he was a f**kwit.....

reason being,

i thought veggies were one of the best sources of complex carbs, but i wasn't sure about his digestive theory

and i thought bread was closer to simple carbs, not complex?

can someone please confirm this?

Simple, stop talking to PT's

Most pt's are imbosiles, i had one come to train the other day, he trains for the chicks, doesnt care that he has no ass, legs, back or shoulders, he just wanted to keep his six pack and big chest.

He lasted 8 minutes of the session before he was gunna hurl.

He has now purchased a diet off me and is coming back to train with his mum on thursday.

Simple, stop talking to PT's

so does that mean i was right in what i said originally? i got stumped by the enzyme statement....

The 30,000 Calorie Sandwich

Sandwich filled with ground beef, bacon, corn dogs, ham, pastrami, roast beef, bratwurst, braunschweiger and turkey, topped with fried mushrooms, onion rings, swiss/provolone/cheddar/feta/parmesan cheeses, lettuce and butter on a loaf white bread.

The Kannbial

Three meat patties, one beef sausage, one ham sausage paddy, one fried egg and sliced ham covered in minced beef sandwiched in an over-sized bun.

Bacon Beeritos

“Secret meat,” rice, beans, bacon and All-Malt Porter mixed together. Bake with Porter-marinated bacon then wrap in Porter-soaked tortillas and additional Porter-marinated bacon strips. Finally, dip in beer-batter and deep fry.

i was told by some PT that complex carbs such as veggies were bad to eat as particular enzymes made it hard to digest by the body

Yes, which is why they are good. They are complex, meaning your body has to work harder to digest them. By the time you have, you body is has basically used the calories that were in the vege's to digest them.

That's why you can go absolutely nuts on vegetables

+1 for filling yourself up on veggies.

They'll make your poo better too and your good bacteria feed off the insoluble fibres to produce SCFAs which your gut cells use as an energy source (and hence you your digestive tract is in better health).

Best to steam them, and even throw some of the water in a mug to drink as it catches alot of the vitamins and phytonutrients that are released when you steam.

Mitch

ps. your PT may of been refering to the fact that alot of BBers drop fibre so they can consume more calories (fibre promotes the feeling of fullness). I wouldn't be doing that though.

Hmmm... Interesting responses...

M&M: What you posted is essentially how I do my meals... But as I said... Plain meat and veg gets boring so I wanted to hear more elaborate ways of combining them (i.e. recipies)... Meals don't have to be boring... I've got some good meal ideas in the past from this forum... I'm sure there's plenty more around. The idea behind the thread was to get people to share them.

I don't think this thread will take off... but for arguments sake, maybe it would be a good idea to categorize the meals.

Eg: The meal I posted above would be categorised as (Aerobic performance diet)... for those that do alot of aerobic training...

Other categories would include (Bulking diet), (Cutting diet)

Thoughts?

its been tried before, it failed then, it wont be kept up to date. good food never changes anyway

Hmmm... Interesting responses...

M&M: What you posted is essentially how I do my meals... But as I said... Plain meat and veg gets boring so I wanted to hear more elaborate ways of combining them (i.e. recipies)... Meals don't have to be boring... I've got some good meal ideas in the past from this forum... I'm sure there's plenty more around. The idea behind the thread was to get people to share them.

I don't think this thread will take off... but for arguments sake, maybe it would be a good idea to categorize the meals.

Eg: The meal I posted above would be categorised as (Aerobic performance diet)... for those that do alot of aerobic training...

Other categories would include (Bulking diet), (Cutting diet)

Thoughts?

Without the nutritional information (Protein:Fats:Carbs) there is no point and most people who would post up the recipes wouldnt even know what they consist of.

and as stated too many crap meals get posted, most of what are claimed for 'bulking'.

OTHER....dependant on your goals

milk

anchovies

cheese

whey protein powder

BCAA's

glutamine

multi vitamin

fish oil

are you saying that whey protein is not good for someone trying to lean up? i take 50g whey protein with water 3 times a day during the week, (when i first get up before i have breakfast, mid morning meal and post workout), is this too much? ive always considered it to be just a quick easy source of protein with little to no fat and minimal carbs...

PS - the whey im using atm is the E.A.S '100%' one

whey in water is probably one of the leanest ways to get your protein i would imagine

whey is fine as a SUPPLEMENT for real protein. Maybe what m was trying to get at is that exhaust the real food possibilities first and then move onto whey.

Maybe keep the whey for breakie and post workout, but perhaps maybe also make breakie a bit more of a substantial "meal", maybe add some oats and a bannana, you have just been fasting for a while. And maybe the mid morning go a couple eggs, still kinda breakfast time :D i've been enjoying my omelettes at the moment :)

"keep the emotion out of eating"

ive been living by this since i heard markos say it.

we eat to survive not to endure pleasure as most think. i have eaten some of the most flavourless food, some even terrible tasting to lose the weight, and yeah u porb dont have to go to that extreme, but way i figure it is, i did this to myself with years of 'enjoying' the food, if i do this for a couple of months then i will be better than ever.

ive lost 20 kegs of pure fat to date, still wanna drop another 15 and be a lean 95kg. ive gained a shit load of muscle.

NEVER listen to a PT, waste of time and money those folks.