Sign in to follow this  
Eizo

WTB S14 wheel hub structure

Looking for a left wheel hub for my S14 as the bearings need replacing and I hear replacing just the bearings isn't recommended.

Front or rear bearing? I can't say that I've ever heard of issues with replacing the bearings alone, as that's a fairly standard job; press old bearings out and press new bearings in. As long as the mating surface on the hub and spindle are good, there's no issue reusing the hub.

Why were you told it was bad to replace simply the bearings? Did you crash into a gutter or something?

That comment would be regarding the pieces that Nissan sell, rather than what you can actually install. If you went to CBC and got oem-spec front or rear wheel bearings, you could install them on old hubs, even if you had to cut the old bearings off due to a lack of access.

I got some aftermarket rear wheel bearings for my Skyline rear hubs from a bearing supplier, and although it turned out that I didn't actually need to install them, I could have done so if things went as planned.

P-dog are you talking about S13 or S14 front bearings? S13 fronts are replaceable, S14 the bearing is machined into the hub surface.

All RWD nissan use the same rear bearing, except for GTR and Z32. They use a bigger axles, so hub (and bearing) has to accommodate this

P-dog are you talking about S13 or S14 front bearings? S13 fronts are replaceable, S14 the bearing is machined into the hub surface.

All RWD nissan use the same rear bearing, except for GTR and Z32. They use a bigger axles, so hub (and bearing) has to accommodate this

Ahh, my bad. I was under the impression that the configuration was the same as the S13, based on my vague memory of the old 5-stud conversion for S13s. Could have sworn that people were pressing S13 bearings onto oem S14 hubs with some tolerance issues or something, but I must be mistaken.

So I called Nissan, who put me through to a dealer here. According to them I can't buy just the bearings so they wouldn't give me the part number. The hub assembly they do for around $400 :/ Anyone replaced these before know the part number I need?