Sign in to follow this  
rke_011

looking for a secondhand VN14 PE1420

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a secondhand VN14 / PE1420 for sale, or knows of one for sale?

I cant afford a rebuilt one right now, but want to try to get something so I can get my manifold made (and can rebuild it later)

Thanks

Edited by rke_011

Thanks, I did see that.. just dont have 1k laying around at the moment...

If I did... it would be mine...

Risky buying used IHI turbos, the housings seem to be guarantee'd to crack.

Strangely enough, I bought a used turbo here that turned out to have a cracked housing.

Rebuilt one is smarter way to go, or a non-IHI turbo. Poor man pays twice.

Im new to the VN14, but the motor im building may be too laggy with a t28bb..

Where abouts do they crack? can they be visually seen?

cheers

I'm guessing the exhaust housing cracks some where near the waste gate flap

Can confirm they crack around the wastegate hole. I have a vn14 on my s15 that has a hairline crack there, but still holds 22psi and has been running fine for the last 6 months.

Id suggest welding the gate shut and running an external wastegate setup, as none of the off the shelf gt25/28 rear housings fit onto the back of this turbo when i tried.

Overall is an awesome little turbo with heaps of low down response (comes on quicker than t28bb) that can push decent numbers for its size. I recently made 236rwkw with stock cams and e85. Hopefully should see 250rwkw with poncams and a retune.

cheers, not sure if ill have room for external gate.. looking for something small and quick spooling because it will be on a stinky old 1.5l toyota motor in my ke10..

was gonna go t28 bb but think it may spool a little too late.... 22psi thats what i like to hear... quick spooling higher boost numbers..

hopefully I can find a non cracked one.

cheers, not sure if ill have room for external gate.. looking for something small and quick spooling because it will be on a stinky old 1.5l toyota motor in my ke10..

was gonna go t28 bb but think it may spool a little too late.... 22psi thats what i like to hear... quick spooling higher boost numbers..

hopefully I can find a non cracked one.

There's always room for an external gate

Waste gates have come a very long way they are so small and compact now

A TiAL Mvs gate is so small I can put it in my pocket

I think the housing cracks because of the material. Arial / CPC tried welding up my housing, it would just crack around where he was welding.

but to answer your question it has all the same inlet/ outlets as a t28BB ( or non bb besides the oil drain). As they are designed as bolt on replacement for a s14/15.

Had one that blew on my japan s14 and replaced it with a normal t28 and nothing needed to be changed as it used all the oem stuff

the cracking issue has scared me off, so I got an s14 ball bearing turbo.. just hopefully the little 1.5L can spool the thing..

Thanks for all your help.

I have 5 in stock all rebuilt and backed with 12 months warranty

I have 5 in stock all rebuilt and backed with 12 months warranty