Sign in to follow this  
mynamesnic

looking to lower my s13.

Hey. Im looking to buy some cheap coilovers or even some lowering springs, i was told to just cut mine but i dont see that helping the handling of the car at all just droping the hight.

Im also after few other things but not that important at the moment. If anyone has some or knows of anyone could you let me know?

I heard they would a little bit just to improve stiffness an on a lower center of gravity.(higher spring rate) Handling isent so bad just the fact i feel more like im driving a boat not a car.

Im saying that i did have a vy commodore that just had lowering springs an that dramatically improved handling as far as making the car somewhat alot stiffer an next to no body roll. Obviously an s13 silvia as i much different suspension set up etc. But im sure the effects would be similar?

Stock hight is alot just not my thing.

2 inch wheel gaps 😂

cheap coilovers are gay

cutting springs is gay

if you want low but can't afford mediocre -> decent coilovers then just buy some new shocks such as Bilstein OR Koni with lowered King Springs

Chopped springs are bad and cheapass coils aren't much better. How low were you planning on dropping it? If you go low enough [for the most part] handling will be terrible whatever you choose, unless you do some serious fab work, raise the subframe, etc.

Well i have never really intended on cutting my springs only ever heard bad things but i have also heard some storys of it not being as bad as some make it out to be.

Iv been looking around for lowering springs struts coilovers etc. Cant really find anything that seems decent or even a resonable price.

As for handling goes. I am looking for sway bars an all that jaz. Just working on a tight budget at the moment so makes that quite difficult. Especially when i dont know a soul that owns a s13 or anything similar.

Anywhere around AUS or NSW to get good second hand part that anyone knows of ?

You can go through quite a few wreckers, but they will probably charge you big bucks, or you can buy of people, you just gotta be careful and make sure shit isn't effed.

You can try the classifieds and/or if you have Facebook, there's a couple of groups jdm sales and drift sales both in nsw, it's full of dickheads but you can score decent parts(coils) of there for cheap.

the cheapest and nastiest shit I would ever install into any performance orientated car would be BC BR coilovers.. even then, those are junk.

• Upvote 1

Cut your springs and you'll be excepted into the commodore gang. You'll have endless amounts of fun cruising around with all your new commodore buddies.

PS: I have a set of rear cut springs you can have for the cost of postage.

I have a set of tein coilovers for sale. No leaks or knocks. Definitely better than cutting springs

I have Tein coilovers installed in my car. I haven't had anything else to compare them with but I really like them. Have put standard suspension into my car to clear defects and wasn't until then I realised how amazing they made the car handle.

As a BC BR owner I'd like it to be known that i wish i had just got my standard struts rebuilt with new springs and Bilstien shocks.

While still better than stock shocks... The only reason i went coilovers was to lower the car which i never have >.

• Upvote 1