Sign in to follow this  
Sidz

Air bags installation - S15

Hey guys,

Just bough myself an air bag suspension set up for my s15 :woot: :woot: :woot:

I'm stoked AF

Just wondering if anyone knows anyone that can install this for me? Any hooks ups?

anyone know if I need to run 2 batteries or is my dry cell battery suffice?

Any help is much appreciated.

Location - Merrylands / Parramatta

Thanks!

I don't agree with what you've bought.. but my input..

You'll need a dedicated dry cell next to the compressor with a proper battery isolation kit (similar to what boats/4WD) use so you don't drain your running battery.

I would recommend a solid D34 (or even larger) Optima Yellow Top..

With these silly systems you'll keep discharging the battery and a normal lead acid won't cut it.

As for installation, no idea.

Yeah a lot of people won't agree but this aint no track car no more plus i like the option of raising it with speed bumps/drive ways & sacking it when parked.

Thank for the battery advice though

Have done a few kits before (no silvia though) and never had battery issues with just the stock battery and charging system. And thats with twin compressor setups.. *shrugs*

I reckon airbags is a mad idea if you want to daily drive a hectic wheels/kitted car... Way better than driving around with coilovers maxed out smashing on everything.

If i could i would totally do it to my type x.

Post pics once you are done!

Edited by Junny

Have done a few kits before (no silvia though) and never had battery issues with just the stock battery and charging system. And thats with twin compressor setups.. *shrugs*

Ah really? well I only have 1 compressor which is more than enough apparently & fills my air tank in 67 seconds.

Do you know if the alernator was upgraded as well?

Extra batteries is normally for hydraulics to drive the pumps

I think you're right tbh, However I've been told to relocate my battery to the boot & run a separate battery :/

any chance you can confirm?

I reckon airbags is a mad idea if you want to daily drive a hectic wheels/kitted car... Way better than driving around with coilovers maxed out smashing on everything.

If i could i would totally do it to my type x.

Post pics once you are done!

that's the plan man, currently building my car for show & shine sorta speak, custom kit from Japan, new wheels, new paint & bags.

I don't want massive power, settle for looks, Plus No more scraping on speedhumps,drive ways & west sydney shytty roads with pot holes everywhere

will def add photos & create a progress thread :)

Edited by Sidz

Is the tank the size of a coke can? No way it will fill in 7 seconds. But yeah, standard alternator too

my bad my bad, typo above, i've rectified it, tank takes roughly just over a minute to fill up.

I still need help for installton if anyone can help?

What help do you need? They will come as struts.

Fit the struts, run the hoses, mount the tank and compressor, wire up and you are done. Surely they come with instructions.

Are they k-sport?

Nope they're not K Sport, Air ride tank & VI AIR compressor & hoses, struts are air ride as well it is a second hand system but i've seen it work. so no instructions come with & cant find online as this subject is not a popular/common with s15's

reason I'm asking is, Not sure if I need to run dual batteries (currenty have a dry cell)

If i dont need to run separate batteries do i need to relocate?

also need to know about hooking up e-level management.

I appreciate any advice given that will help me.

Air cup suspension would be pretty much perfect for s15 imo.

Yeah I did a lot of research with air cups, their good but you're only limited to 4 inch raise & drop. also they are expensive to do especially on standard struts.

Also very little few places do them.