Sign in to follow this  
alwaysone80

Third Party Insurance?

Hi, long story short.

A daewoo was driving and it looked like it swerved and hit my Pulsar which was parked on a street.

Coincidentally the cops drove pass and my dad walked pass.

Obviously it was their fault.

They have no insurance...lol

They hit a parked car...police did not do a breathe test or a drug test...wtf aye cops are lazy nowadays.

Not sure if he got fined aswell lol but most likely for neg driving.

Anyway, they have no money to pay us back or anything.

Cops gave me their details,

went to the address, found their parents, their parents gave me his address,

went to his house and they said that the guy does not live there anymore.

So his using his parents address as his address lol wtf?

I have Third party insurance -> covered up to $5000 by uninsured drivers *which is him*

BUT my insurance said they have to call them up and CONFIRM that they have no insurance first before they can do anything.

The guy is not picking up calls, letters are going to his parents house.

My question is, can't insurance companies check up if a car has comprehensive insurance/third party/ or no insurance at all???

Why do they have to call them up and confirm it?

Anyone suggestions please lemme know f*ck this is annoying.

Your insurance company will only be able to check if the person is insured with them , they will have no idea or way of checking if he is insured with any other company. Insurance company's don't typicaly share information

The insurance company won't process your claim if they can't contact the person and confirm that the person admits liability and is un insured, otherwise they will not be able to recovery the money/cost of repairs .

If you have an alternate address now, give it to the insurance company so they can send the letters to the right place hopefully when they receive a letter it will prompt them to contact your insurance company.

Failing all of that, you may have to look into your options with regard to small claims court. The guy might be more likely to be responsive to a court subponea.

What you have encountered demonstrates the issue with the insurance system; you can legally drive with no insurance, and as long as you can dodge everyone's attempts to contact you, the paying customer gets screwed temporarily, if not totally. The issue is that the guy knows that the moment your insurance company processes your claim, their lawyers will be onto him, and they won't give up.

AND THAT is why greenslips are compulsory.

AND THAT is why greenslips are compulsory.

I think that's only because the Government have no interest in footing the bill for property damage and Medicare treatment. If there were no system that saw them covering costs for either, it wouldn't be compulsary. The very fact that TPP insurance isn't compulsary despite being moderately economic, and they have added an MCIS levy to the Greenslip, is testament to their motivations.

Oh so insurance companies can't find out whether a car has insurance or not. Ok i thought they could some how lol

I went to the alternative address but he has moved away 6 months ago.

So now I dont know where he is.

Omg this sucks man my car is just sitting here and needs to be repaired and this guy is no where to be found and can't he doesn't pick up calls.

I guess, the only way is to go through court....sigh

You have probably already have done so, but I'd hit up your local cop shop and have a chat with them to find out what your options are. He must nominate an address somewhere, be it with the electoral commission, RTA, electricity company, rental property, bank, etc. Private companies are hopeless where address changes exist, and I still receive a tonne of Superannuation statements and SDRO letters of demand for an Amir Houssain at my address, despite telling them he doesn't live there and hasn't for years.

I even had an SDRO guy rock up at my doorstep to talk to the mysterious Arab, despite having called them twice to tell them he doesn't live at my address.

The one thing that can be said is that with some proper legal input (at your expense sadly), you might be able to find out where and from whom you can legally obtain his information, albeit this is well outside the scope of any advice I can personally provide.

Well you know where his parents live.. and you potentially know what car he owns and where he "might" live.

at the end of the day, if insurance companies, legal system, cops, pigs, bacon all fail you - there are always a few other things you could do to resolve the matter...

Cops are a bunch of tards, just Sunday night a looney in a Commodore sped down my street (drunk of course) and crashed into 3x cars. Neighbours called the cops, I called the cops.. and it took them 2.5 hours to come.

Once they got there, they didn't bother to even fine the guy gave him a breath test and that was it.. They did say he has had a few drinks but below the legal limit. If they got him 2.5 hours earlier that would have been very different.

To put things into perspective, this is a residential strett - which means you can only go up to 50 km/h. There's noway a car doing 50 km/h would do this much damage.

I clearly there is a lack of duty of care, not to mention these two fat bitches (female, yes being sexist) were arrogant and rude to my neighbours. Ok, they might be Lebanese but they're the victims here not the criminal.

Love our legal system.. drunk guy speeding gets away with NOTHING.. not even a fine for negligence or reckless driving.

Anyhow, photos are good:

10841234_1532004113723501_712846299_n.jpg

10833746_1532004110390168_1608098014_n.jpg

F**king cops. Lazy as shit, until the moment you don't immediately run to them if you hear about something illegal, then they want to crucify you even though you never actually did anything wrong.

Bad luck about the drunk... neighbours should have helped the driver out of the car the rough way ;)

Reminds me of some advice my old man was given by someone in the security industry, relating to home break-ins, which was to call the police and say that you think the guy in your house has a gun. Instead of waiting 3 hours for them to possibly turn up (as happened to a friend once) whilst someone is in your house, they'll be there in 10 minutes.

yeah plus one on that advice haha.

wow yea i've seen your street, so tight and damn that must;'ve beeen bad Johnny.

yeah my friends car was hit on canley heights and the cops didn't do shit to them.

and JustCar insurance took 3-4 months to repair my friends car so stay away from that insurance company.

anyway..frkn this shit was solved in one text message lol...

i just texted him and he called me back straight away and i told him call my insurance and admit fault so that they can fix my car.

now the insurance company is chasing him for the money i guess aye? hahaha