Sign in to follow this  
slowmovingbean

Help with s15

Hay guys so my s15 has started playing up now I have searched and read as much as I can but still stuck.

so at lower revs with some load it sounds like a wrx and its a bit hesitant then it makes boost and feels fine when I shift it seems boggy for a secound then starts to move again.

now idle is ok little bit shaky but seems normal for the sr20 just changed the O2 sensor and plugs aslo did a dyno run about 2 weeks ago seemed fine was thinking coil packs but wouldn't it get worse with boost ?

The car has basic mods exhuast front mount air filter stock CPU posting in nsw section as I might run into someone at a meet or recommend somewhere to take the car thanks guys

Edited by slowmovingbean

Also if anyone that knows what there doing and has some working coils I can try theres a case of beer waiting just shoot me a pm

are you still running the stock BOV or at a minimum fully blocked off at pressure side and intake side?

are you running a catch can or anything affecting the stock breather setup?

are you still running the stock BOV or at a minimum fully blocked off at pressure side and intake side?

are you running a catch can or anything affecting the stock breather setup?

stock bov stock breather setup might try blocking the stock bov today hhmm thi is killing me

do a compression test whilst your at it...

I went to test drive/look at a car for a mate before.. same symptoms as your describing.. car looked stock, I pulled out compression testing gauge.. bammm.. low cylinder pressure in 1x cylinder..

Seller went red in the face, we left.

As already said, standard starting point is a compression test on all 4 cylinders, change spark plugs, test different [known working] coilpacks from another car, check CAS is set correctly, check base timing with a Consult Cable/Timing Mode/Timing Light to make sure nothing crazy is going on.

My last running issue was caused by cracked and faulty coilpacks, bought 4 new ones from Nissan and problem solved. Sadly they won't work with an S15 engine, so I can't help you with that.

Random story, I did spark plugs on a mates car once and apparently didn't tighten them up. After a week, they came loose, car ran like shit off boost, missing, rough, no power, soon as it hit boost it would drive fine. Could be a lot of dumb things :)

Where in NSW are you?

Im around rockdale area. Aslo has a random miss at idle every 20-30 seconds and the car smells very fuelly in and around the car.

could also be injector o-rings or insulators.

see I was thinking it could be injectors to is there a way to test them

Ok small update put spitfire coils in still same put a different CPU in looks like it may have fixed it one of the wires on my O2 sensor was broken and it wasn't working replaced that problem was still there so it may have earthed and damage the CPU