Sign in to follow this  
AC-S13

WSID Wednesday 4th March

Hey all

Im heading down to WSID this Wednesday. Ill be in the Maroon S13, if anyone else will be there. Come along anyone!

First time out with my current Sil, should be fun.

Edited by AC-S13

I'd go but I dont know how to do a burnout.

or launch for that matter.

My clutch should be up for the job. Ill be trying my best at launches. Tyre pressure will be lowered to around 25 psi on the rears.

Ill post up my results.

22 psi i can do. How much power was your car making at the time of that video? Im hoping for a more aggressive start but ill see how the car feels.

Only 139.7kw atw. I will have another go once my t28, injectors, afm and nistune are fitted.

What sort of times are you hoping for ???

Mines running about 180rwkw at the moment. I should definately be breaking into the 13's. Hoping for low 13's.

My old 180sx with 150rwkw made 13.6 (very cold night, granny shifting)

Just got to get the launch right!

Granny shiftin, not double clutching like you should haha.

Good luck man, let us know how you go.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks mate, ill post the results tonight. Boost has been dropped a little bit for a base run, then i will wind it up a touch and see how i go.

Another thing is that my CA18 doesnt have a bloody limiter! My old one had the same issue, it didnt have a limiter.... stupid old cars

No Rev limiter. The mines tune removes the speed limiter.

I ended up running a best time of 13.6, 110MPH. Best 60 foot was 2.3 which is shit. Pretty happy with the 13.6 though. Only had 4 runs cause i wanted the car to get home..

The car held up very well, better than i though. I absolutely smoked 2 FD RX7s. I was the only S13, and CA18 there.

2 out of 4 runs i was positive the car was pinging so i had to pull back a bit and got 13.7 on each run. The car is very capable of breaking the 12's with the right launch and timing settings. I know realize the importance of a road tune. I think im going to look into nistune.

Also, every launch the car bogged down. Tyre pressure was 26psi on both rear tyres and i had no problems with grip (too much grip). Or maybe i was letting the clutch out too quick.

I own a redtop '93 S13 it seems it doesn't have a speed limiter? Last time I checked it kept going past 180 till the needle hit the bottom of the cluster. Stock ECU.

I own a redtop '93 S13 it seems it doesn't have a speed limiter? Last time I checked it kept going past 180 till the needle hit the bottom of the cluster. Stock ECU.

someone probably snipped pin 32

110mph should see you at a flat 13, 12.9 if you get really lucky (definitely no granny shifting though)

someone probably snipped pin 32

Hmmm didnt notice any cables cut when the ECU was out, might sus it out next time its out.

or he has a crazy jap remap - they like to take off speed limiters and wind out the rev limiter to a stupid number

Gheeze that sounds like a recipe for a new engine.

110mph should see you at a flat 13, 12.9 if you get really lucky (definitely no granny shifting though)

My 60 foots were terrible. If i could of launched better i would of made low 13's, high 12's. I need to shave 1 sec of 60 ft.

That's quite decent for a CA18 AC! I remember getting smoked by mildly modded sr20s when I had my CA lol

That's quite decent for a CA18 AC! I remember getting smoked by mildly modded sr20s when I had my CA lol

Yeah! i reckon i could of smoked a few SR's and shown them whose boss. There was a couple there but they were all at the end of the line. I was like first 10 cars there.

Very keen - ill be keen again very soon.

Ill be at the strip this Wednesday gents if anyone is keen to come down.

I hit it up - there was a couple of s15's and s14's and 1 other 180sx.

I ended up running a 13.5 with my CA18 and a slipping clutch. My aim was to break 12's and i truly think the car is capable, with a new clutch. I only had 2 runs cause the car is a daily and i didn't want to ride a tow truck home.

My car was on par, if not better than the SR20's out there. Very happy with the results. Couldnt seem to break my 110mph trap speed nor could i break 2 sec 60ft.

As soon as the new heavy duty is in - i will be right back down there.

Ill keep you lads posted for next time.

I wouldnt mind going except for the fact that A) I have legit no idea how to do a standstill or how to launch and B ) I dont want to f**k my daily driver

Should definitely be quicker than that. What power you making ?

My shitbox went 13.4 @ 103mph last time I went to the track.

Last dyno my car was making 196rwkw. The clutch has been on its way out for some time. I did retard the timing ever so slightly while at the track.

I have no doubt i could get a faster time, except launching the thing hard with the clutch in current condition was not ideal. Plus the slip came at 6000rpm in 3rd and then 4th gear. I didn't want to push it.

Varvs - The S13's are tough mofo's. Hell mine is prob 8 years older than yours and it is my daily driver too - it will be able to handle some launching action.

It's such a great rush!

Those are good videos.

I have a camera setup when i was down there but i forgot to press record! D'oh!