Sign in to follow this  
B.O.X

Nuts & Bolts Sydney

Just wondering where people go for all their nuts & bolts. I usually go to Lee Brothers in Parramatta but half of the time the guy in there has something rammed up his ass & if I bring him something that isn't your everyday thing he catches feelings.

Used Nepean Boltmaster a couple time but my God he is pricey.

There has got to be a decent place in Sydney.

Used Nepean Boltmaster a couple time but my God he is pricey.

There has got to be a decent place in Sydney.

If we're talking about bolts for cars, then for highly specific (usually socket head) bolts I go to Spillers in Penrith, although I don't really consider any of the bolt shops cheap. For all other car bolts, I go to Pickies.

http://www.picknpayless.com.au/

Yes, I'm that d*ckhead that rocks up to the self serve wrecker with a bucket, socket driver and rattle gun, then proceeds to strip a shitload of bolts and nuts from Jap cars. Costs me $2 entry and perhaps $10 when leaving, add $3 petrol for the detour if I'm visiting my folks and perhaps an hour of my time, which I don't factor in because you can learn a lot about parts-interchangability by doing it. A number of my more unusual mods stem from this.

Can't really beat 5kg+ of oem-quality fasteners for 15 bucks.

Edited by pmod

Not a bad idea bout going to pick and payless for bolts. might do that sometime this week.

coventry fastners in artarmon

+1 to Coventry.

WOuld suggest ordering a larger amount to get a better price break ;)

I have spotted a place near john fretten motorbike shop, sunnyholt rd blacktown. I havent shopped there yet, but its up the rd from pick n payless

Anyone know if you can buy aftermarket front hub bots for s14 from anywhere , the type you crush against the spindle so they don't come undone?

I Tried to buy new ones from nissan and there is no stock in Australia they reckon they will take 3 weeks to come from Japan

Anyone know if you can buy aftermarket front hub bots for s14 from anywhere , the type you crush against the spindle so they don't come undone?

I Tried to buy new ones from nissan and there is no stock in Australia they reckon they will take 3 weeks to come from Japan

Do you mean wheel studs?

http://www.gktech.co...el-studs-1.html

Pretty sure Repco sell them too, as I bought a couple of packs, but ended up using the wheel nuts and not the studs. They were just regular knurled studs, so if they're the correct diameter and length, then they would work. S14 and S15 front hubs are the same, so my experiences with my S15 front hubs should match your requirements in this thread. Give Repco a call and see what they have.

Although I don't know where you're located, if you're in Western Sydney, hit up Nepean Spares on Glossop St St Marys too. Pretty much every time I have had zero success with Repco/Supercheap/Nissan/Scotts/etc, Nepean Spares have come through with the goods.

Edited by pmod

Not sure which bolts you're talking about, maybe the wheel studs or nuts?

But whatever you need that's Nissan or Nismo see Taark.

http://www.taarks.com/Default.asp

repco do indeed have the wheel studs for silvias.

bolts I just go through my old parts. usually find what I want there.

Na not the wheel studs I got some of those through gktech , I ment nuts not bolts - probably why I confused everybody lol.

it's number 7 in this diagram. I tried taarks website but he doesn't list them either . Was hopping there may be an aftermarket equivalent .

image.jpg

Edited by gomanji

Try typing the nut size and thread pitch into google and see what other cars it's also fitted to.

Well if that's the piece you need, you could always go to Pick N Payless in Blacktown with a couple of trolley poles (my solution to many car problems lol), a hammer and breaker bar, then grab a few off some Nissans in their yard. I would put money on Nissan having used the same nut on a N16 Pulsar rear hub or similar, or perhaps even a 90s Honda. There's so much crossover between manufacturers, if you went there with a set of calipers or an example bolt (same size and thread pitch) I'm sure you would find something.

Since their cars are on stands, jam the pole between the wheel studs and the chassis, slip the other pole over the breaker bar, then wail on the thing with your foot/hammer.

The problem is they are supposed to be single use , you hammer the sides of them in after you put them on so they can't come loose they don't have split pins like an s13. then you have to use a chisel or a flat head screw driver and hammer them back out so you can take them off , once you take them off they are stuffed. So second hand is no good.

Edited by gomanji

Just went to the garage and pulled apart an s13 knucke just in case it was the same size nut but it's a smaller :( .

I guess I'll just email streeter with the part number he can probably send them to me faster than nissan can get them.