Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
87 civic - Hardtuned.net

87 civic 

22 replies to this topic

#1 black89

• Car:nissan 180 sx

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:51 AM

hey guys just bought a 87 civic it has a 1.5 carb in it just wondering wat other engines will fit easily and approx wat they r worth? thanks in advance :)

#2 dpg

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

View Postblack89, on Jul 14 2008, 10:04 AM, said:

hey guys just bought a 87 civic it has a 1.5 carb in it just wondering wat other engines will fit easily and approx wat they r worth? thanks in advance :)

Hi there

if ur car has the D series motor in it, u can only swap to another D series with minimum work. (exludes the D16Y family)
a direct replacement is obviously a direct swap.

else u can opt for:
ZC, D16A3/8: ZC: JDM basically a D16A($500-800), A3 = brown top (manual vacumn), A8 = black top (electronic vacumn). different heads. not too hard i guess this swap.
comes out of a DA3 Teg/Rover. the motor will drop right in with stock mounts (i think) along with a trans from the D16A. along with that u will need to run new fuel lines, fuel pump, engine loom, ecu, maybe shafts.

B16/B18/B20/D16Y:
b-series ($1100-$7000) found in the DA9, EG6, DC2, DC4, EK4.
D16Y ($500-900) series found in the EJ's, EG2, EG4, EG5, EK1.
will need a heap of stuff done for this to happen.
custom mounts (place like hasport), ecu, engine loom, shafts, fuel lines + pump (again cos u r currently carby)
keep in mind that u will may lose power steering and a/c depending on which mounts u get.

H-series: ($1500)
not practical and why would you.

K-series: ($~5000)
engine is too tall for the engine bay.
has been done but a hole is cut in the bonnet to clear the rocker cover.
may disguise hole with a scoop?

good luck with which ever one u choose mate

#3 black89

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

wow thats a lot of options.. thanks heaps for the help mate i guess i got to start looking for these engines now :D

#4 lookingforboost

• Car:S14

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:25 PM

a ZC would be easy to get and cheap to fit, i know someone thats going to sell a full D16 engine package, engine, loom computer, gearbox, drive shafts everything you need if you want i can ask them?

#5 SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Car:Civic

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:54 PM

Firstly welcome to Owning a 3G civic

For more info and manuals etc join www.redpepperracing.com as they are a forum for the 1G crx and 3G civics :)

As above a ZC would be the best bang for buck option

They will fit you just use your or there mounts

Wiring shouldnt be too hard

For shits and giggles if you liked you can fit a 1st gen teg front on it :wub:

Pretty much anything that came from a 1st gen integra will fit on the civic no problems (ive got the seats)

also FYI the K will fit but the oil sumps are low (so 4wd height FTW)

View Postlookingforboost, on Jul 24 2008, 12:38 PM, said:

a ZC would be easy to get and cheap to fit, i know someone thats going to sell a full D16 engine package, engine, loom computer, gearbox, drive shafts everything you need if you want i can ask them?

Pm me with a price also (very interested)

Edited by SHOGUNOVDDRK, 24 July 2008 - 12:55 PM.

#6 black89

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:27 PM

thanks so much for the help guys, wow did not kno that there were so many people interested in these old civics :) so the early model integra motor and drive line will bolt straight in? even the front end head lights you say?? Im curious about this early model integra as a eng transplant possibility. As th 1.5 carby i have has had it :angry: How much would you expect to pay for the required parts? is it a difficult transplant? Is it possible to hav engineered easily? so the car can pass road worthy? any help is much appreciated :)

#7 lookingforboost

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:52 AM

if you keen in the same series of motor you dont have to have it engeneered but things like k and h series you will need it done.

integra i know the crx will fit they are gettin really hard to find in good nick these motors and a half cut i havnt seen for a long time anywhere.

#8 black89

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:09 PM

ok so im thinkin its the early model integ motor for ease of fitment and value for money? The civic is an automatic, has any one had experience with one of these civics and auto to manual conversions?? iv'e done a lot of mechanical work i do everything to my own cars just not fwd ones... So the engine would not need engineering but the gear box would right?? thanks jimmy..

#9 black89

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

also thanks to every one for all the help so far been very useful :)

#10 black89

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

hey all i was not sure if u did not understand my last post still had a question in it... :o i hav possibly tracked down a early model integra but i not goin to go a head wit it unless i can be sure i can put the motor in with out it needing to be engineered?

#11 Snoop G

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:29 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 lookingforboost

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

View Postblack89, on Sep 1 2008, 09:16 AM, said:

hey all i was not sure if u did not understand my last post still had a question in it... :o i hav possibly tracked down a early model integra but i not goin to go a head wit it unless i can be sure i can put the motor in with out it needing to be engineered?

if the car never came out with that motor fitted as standard then it has to be engeineered. and it didnt come with that motor so yes it will have to be.

#13 BT1_BOY

• Car:BMW E46 325Ci s/c'd

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

View Postlookingforboost, on Sep 3 2008, 02:21 AM, said:

if the car never came out with that motor fitted as standard then it has to be engeineered. and it didnt come with that motor so yes it will have to be.

^^ no im pretty sure that if th engine is the same size litres wise then u dont need engineers certificate.. for instance putting a H22a in a Cd5 accord.. didnt come standard but dosnt need engineers certificate.. also putting a rb20 in a silvia..

#14 lookingforboost

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

View PostBT1_BOY, on Sep 4 2008, 03:09 PM, said:

View Postlookingforboost, on Sep 3 2008, 02:21 AM, said:

^^ no im pretty sure that if th engine is the same size litres wise then u dont need engineers certificate.. for instance putting a H22a in a Cd5 accord.. didnt come standard but dosnt need engineers certificate.. also putting a rb20 in a silvia..

sorry dude, any motor that is non standard has to be engeineered, even RB into a silvia as has to be checked for both power output to weight ratio and braking equipment and that the mounts etc are put in correctly.

CA to SR all good as the S13 180sx etc had them standard

CA to RB needs to be engeineered

D16 in EK civic to B16 dosent need to be as a limited run came with them

however put a B18C in it and its needs to be as well.

i had to have mine for the turbo kit fitted same with pulsars etc fit a turbo motor or turbo kit into N14 etc you need papers.

#15 Biggie

• Car:96' Type X

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

so theres hope for my daily then ahahahahaha

#16 lookingforboost

Posted 05 September 2008 - 11:14 PM

View PostBiggie, on Sep 5 2008, 03:00 PM, said:

so theres hope for my daily then ahahahahaha
There is always hope for a HONDA he he :P

#17 tns180

• Car:180sx Type X '97 Model

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

ive seen a pretty much identical thread on ozhonda wen i was looking for a daily..

and +1 for biggie turning his daily into a track car *cringes at stomach*

#18 redclown

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

View Postblack89, on Jul 14 2008, 10:34 AM, said:

shove a D series in it but ur gnna need to do a fuel injec conversion. D16a3 cheap as chips and lots of parts. you could pic up motor and everything about 500-1000 depends on condition, also ur car already has the engine mounts and u could get away with using your gear box(at your own risk). Any way have fun with doin the fuel injection conversion there a hasssle to do XD

#19 Greylock

• Car:none at the moment

Posted 17 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

make sure that you strenghten your chassis too..
seen a first gen civic with b16a in it and the car couldn't handle it..the chassis broke!!

#20 Iron Chef

• Car:Datsun, Lancer GLi

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

See my sig :)

#21 Bad Man

Posted 18 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

As above!

:lol:

#22 PL4T

• Car:sileighty & r32 gts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

my mate is chucking a b18a from a DA9 teg into his ef civic :)

#23 civicbenn

• Car:civic

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:17 PM

Gday I've got a 1989 civic sedan and I am putting a d16y4 into it I don't know a lot about the a old guy I know thinks it will be easy at the moment it's got carby atm any help will be great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!